Spying isn’t bad at all when it comes to marketing. The more information you have on your competitors’ strategies the better prepared you can be with your own campaigns.
Today, I am going to talk about two free Facebook ads spy tools which you can use to see your competitors’ ad copies without paying a penny. Using these tools you will have answers to the following questions which you have been after:
- How are your competitors writing ads?
- What are their ad copies like?
- What kind of images are they using with the ads?
- What CTA buttons (Call To Action) are they using with their Facebook ads?
- How often do they change their ads?
- What formats of the ads are they running currently?
Now, without much ado, let’s get straight to the tools.
Facebook Info & Ads Tool
It’s an official tool from Facebook and it is available to every user around the globe. The best part is that you do not need to be spending with ads of any kind to be able to use this Facebook Ads spy tool.
How to use Facebook Info & Ads Tool?
- Visit the page that you want to spy/check ads for.
- Find the option ‘Info and Ads’ in the left navigation panel. You just need to scroll the page a bit if the page has several options in the left sidebar.
- Click the link – ‘Info and Ads’ to open
- Select the country the from the drop-down if it applies.
- That’s all! Now, all the current ads for the page are before you.
Why did Facebook launch this free tool?
According to Facebook, it’s an effort to have more transparency for users. Linking it to Facebook-Cambridge Analytica data scandal? I believe the same.
Anyway, this is what Facebook says officially about this tool:
- Facebook is showing you ads this Page is currently running on Facebook, Instagram and Facebook Company Products to provide more transparency into advertising
- You’ll be able to see ads here that you may not see in your News Feed if you aren’t part of the advertiser’s intended audience
- Offers, special pricing and other details may not apply to you.
Facebook Ad Examples by Adespresso
AdEspresso – owned by Hootsuite – is an advertising campaign management service company to be precise. They were exclusive to Facebook and Instagram and now have started offering services for Google Ads as well.
Ad Examples tool by AdEspresso lets you see the ads of your competitors free of cost. You do need to be a registered member of the site to use this tool.
Do not expect this Facebook spy tool to be updated in the real-time, the data and the ads that you get to see is not very old though.
How to use Ads Examples tool?
- Visit https://adespresso.com/ads-examples/
- Enter the name of the page you would like to see the ads for
- Choose options like – Ad Placements, Industry, Objectives, and Attributes based on your requirements.
- Hit the ‘Find ads now’ button
- You will be presented with the results of the ad based on your search criteria
- Now, click a particular ad to check more details about it
Do you use any other free tool for spying your competitors’ Facebook ads? Why not share it with the reason in the comment section below?